Mining programs are not the most widely discussed, but at the same time an integral part of the process of mining cryptocurrency. What are the programs for mining and what criteria should be used for their correct choice? As times about this and talk.
In recent years, the topic of cryptocurrency is becoming increasingly popular. If earlier about bitcoins and altcoins spoke only in narrow circles, today they became known to the General public. More and more people, far from programming and trading, decide to save up cryptocurrency in the hope of one day to break a big jackpot.
Those who cannot or do not want to buy cryptocurrency for ordinary money, choose an alternative way – mining coins on a computer or a special farm.
Mining really gives you the opportunity to obtain cryptocurrency, but a successful production is possible only at observance of three conditions:
- to purchase the right equipment;
- to set the correct program for mining;
- understand, that with all of these to do.
We have already written about how to start mining on video cards and where to buy mining equipment before, so now we will talk about existing programs for mining cryptocurrency.
What is the program for mining
The program for mining is a software developed specifically for mining cryptocurrency.
As you know, the essence of mining is to carry out mathematical calculations to open new blocks of the distribution platform (for example, Bitcoin or Ethereum).
Simply put, you give the system its computing power and get a reward in the form of coins. For the computer to quickly solve the required tasks, you need
(a) good computing power and
(b) high-precision computational algorithms.
The desired output will give the CPU, video card, asik or the whole farm, but for calculations we need special programmes for mining. If the equipment is just hardware, then the program is a software that allows you to use the power of hardware.
If you have already installed a powerful processor or graphics card on your computer, connected an asik or even use an entire farm, the following steps should look like this:
- To make a crypto wallet that will drip mined coins.
- Download and install the mining program (you can download the software on the website GitHub or other similar resource).
- Set mining settings: mined coins (if the program is suitable for the extraction of different cryptocurrencies), the equipment used (select from the list or enter at the command line manually) and the current build capacity (some programs make it possible to set a variable capacity).
- Start the process of mining cryptocurrency.
The functions of the program for mining
As we have already understood, their main function is to perform calculations. However, with the opening of new blocks mining naturally becomes more complicated, so there are new requirements for equipment and programs for mining.
It is not surprising that the developers are trying to improve their software through additional features. Among them are:
- “overclocking” a video card (increasing the speed of its operation for more efficient mining);
- setting up the capacities used;
- equipment condition monitoring;
- adjusting the heating of the graphics card or processor;
- switch between equipment.
But, most importantly, it is programs for mining that make it possible to use the maximum power of the equipment. Therefore, the correct choice of the program depends on the efficiency of the processor or graphics card.
For example, you bought a cool video card from NVidia, which accelerates to 80 MH/s, but found a simple program that can make calculations at peak power 40 MH/s. That is, half of the potential power you don’t use at all, consequently make the mining less than hardware may. And all this-only because of the wrong choice of the program.
How to choose a program for mining
First of all, you need to determine which cryptocurrency you are going to extract.
The fact that the mining of different coins laid different algorithms. For example, bitcoin works on the basis of Blockchain, iota – on the basis of a distributed registry Tangle, and monero uses the algorithm CryptoNight. Therefore, for the extraction of a cryptocurrency, different programs are suitable, sharpened under the appropriate algorithms.
Then you need to assess the capacity of mining equipment and choose a program that is suitable for the hardware used.
If your processor can’t deliver more than 20 MH/s, what’s the point of putting a “heavy” program designed to work with capacities from 50 MH/s? So you can not only overheat the hardware, but also generally disable the computer. But it is not necessary to take the simplest software, sharpened under weak equipment, either – it is inappropriate to use the available capacity.
The third important point is the type of mining.
For mining on video cards, processors and asiks, as a rule, different programs are used. There are also universal programs, but most of it is produced separately for the GPU-, CPU – or ASIC-mining.
In addition to these basic criteria, it is necessary to pay attention to other important parameters of mining programs:
- possibility of extraction of various cryptocurrencies (one programs are sharpened under specific cryptocurrency, others allow to mine different coins);
- user-friendly interface (intuitive graphic, which is suitable even for beginners, or console, where you need the skills to work with scripts);
- availability of additional functions (heating control, ability to work in the background, automatic selection of computational algorithms, etc.)
If you are just getting acquainted with cryptocurrency mining, choose programs with a graphical interface. It is easiest for beginners to work with it: the information is entered into specially selected fields, and the mining is started by simply pressing a button.
Console programs give more opportunities for fine-tuning mining, but all the commands have to be written manually in the system file with the extension .bat. And for this you need to learn all the basic scripts and additional commands.
Popular programs for the mining of cryptocurrencies
For greater clarity, consider the most popular programs for mining cryptocurrencies, which have already proven their efficiency and got their own online communities.
The last point is important because detailed instructions on how to properly install and configure such programs can be found on thematic forums or websites dedicated to a particular program.
- CG Miner-one of the most popular programs for mining bitcoin, suitable for mining on a processor or asike. Its main advantage is high stability and efficient work in the background. In other words, you do not need to constantly monitor the work of the program – launched calculations and can do their own thing. In addition, this is one of the few programs that comes with a text file with instructions for the user. However, for beginners it may seem very difficult. This is an option for experienced users who are used to working with scripts.
- GUI Miner is a simple but functional program for CPU mining of bitcoin. In fact, it is almost an exact copy of CG Miner, but “wrapped” in a graphical shell and, which is very convenient, translated into Russian. It is much more convenient to work in it, but experienced miners prefer a familiar and more reliable CG Miner. But it is better for beginners to first fill a hand on GUI Miner, and then, if necessary, go to CG Miner.
- Nheqminer is a complex console program that allows you to mine a Zet cache using a video card or processor. However, when CPU mining, the processor load can reach 100%, which is why the equipment often breaks down and fails. Developers still have not been able to solve this problem, so it is better to use the program for mining on the graphics card. But note that the official instructions to the program there, and all the commands you need to enter through the console. So this option is suitable only for experienced users who know how to work with scripts and are looking for a good program for mining Zet cache.
- Miner Gate is a versatile and very easy-to-use program for mining 14 cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, litecoin, Ethereum, Zet Kesha, monero, dash and bitcoin. It has a convenient graphical panel and built-in virtual currency Converter. And smart mode, in which the system chooses which cryptocurrency is more profitable to extract right now. The program makes its choice based on the capacity used and the current rate of crypto-currencies.
- Claymore’s Dual Miner is a unique program for simultaneous mining of Ethereum and one of four cryptocurrencies to choose from (Pascal, Decord, Lbry or Siacoin). Updated versions of the programs are also suitable for mining, monero, Komodo, Zet-cache and bitcoin. Suitable for use with powerful NVidia and AMD graphics cards. Allows you to effectively accelerate the graphics card and monitor the level of heating equipment.
- Ufasoft Miner is a very simple program for CPU mining of bitcoin, bitforce, solidcoin and tenebrix. From pluses: – friendly graphical interface, adjusting the temperature of the processor and low system requirements. But the last point is associated with a significant drawback of the program – it is not suitable for powerful equipment, which means that the results of mining will be very modest. Nevertheless, this is an ideal option for beginners who want to understand the process of mining cryptocurrencies.
- Diablo Miner is an advanced software for GPU and CPU mining of bitcoin. A huge advantage of the program is synchronization with the most powerful equipment (for example, graphics cards newer than Nvidia 8 and AMD 79), which directly affects the performance of mining. However, given the complex console interface and the absence of any graphical components, the program is suitable only for advanced users.
- Nice Hash Miner is a universal program that allows you to mine coins both through the processor and through the video card. The main advantage is the automatic selection of the optimal algorithm for mining coins on existing equipment. The program is suitable for mining different cryptocurrencies, but all the coins extracted immediately translates into bitcoins. The latter, by the way, not everyone likes it, because automatic conversion does not allow you to save other cryptocurrencies and earn on changes in their course.
- Awesome Miner is a functional program for professional miners working with several remote computers. Thanks to the built-in algorithm, the program monitors the most profitable currencies for mining and can automatically switch the extracted currency. For example, if the current build is best suited for Ethereum mining, the program will send a command to remote computers to mine ETH. If you upgrade the farm, and it will be more profitable to mine litecoin, Awesome Miner will start to mine it. Another advantage of the program is automatic monitoring of the current load and temperature of the equipment. Add to this a user-friendly graphical interface and efficient operation in phonon mode, and understand why all advanced miners dream about Awesome Miner. The only disadvantage – unlike other programs, this utility is paid. The basic version will cost $ 30, and for the most heaped will have to pay about $ 800.
We have listed only the most popular programs for mining, but now their number is in the hundreds.
When choosing a program, remember that its role in the production of cryptocurrency is no less important than the role of the equipment.
Without special software, even the most powerful processor or graphics card – just hardware, which certainly affects the functionality of the computer, but does not give any opportunities for earnings on mining. Thus, mining programs are an important tool for monetization of equipment.
There is another important point – the software affects the level of profitability of mining. As practice shows, when using different programs, the efficiency of the same equipment changes within 10-20%. That is, properly selected and configured program allows you to squeeze out of the equipment maximum capacity inherent in it.